This is a family favorite and I know in a few weeks I will be making them like crazy for the holidays.musually, I end up making around 200 of these cupcakes!
Thank God it’s so easy!
makes 24 cupcakes
What You Need
24 cupcake foils (remove paper liners)
1 cookie sheet
A cup measurer
4 8oz packages Cream Cheese, softened
2 & 1/2 cups sugar; 1/2 cup sugar seperate
8oz Sour Cream
1 24oz can Cherry Pie Filling
1 box yellow cake mix
3 medium eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 drops Imitation Vanilla (2 for real)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. In a bowl mix the cake mix and 1/4 cup butter until it becomes crumbly. Add remaining butter as needed. If it is still a little powdery, that’s fine. You don’t want it wet so watch how much butter you add.
2. In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, 2 & 1/2 cups sugar and Vanilla drops. You can mix it in a blender if you want, I do when I’m in a rush. When its looks creamy and pours smoothly, its ready.
3. Place 24 foil cups on the cookie sheet. Spoon about 1 tbsp of cake mix in each cupcake foil, evenly covering the bottom. You will have some cake mix left over and thats fine. After that, fill the foils 3/4 full with your cream cheese. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, blend your sour cream and the last 1/2 cup of sugar together. The sour cream will be grainy but that’s okay. After the 25 minutes, remove the tray and carefully spoon the sour cream over the tops of the chessecakes. Be careful and don’t overfill. Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove and let cool for an hour.
5. Open the can of Cherry filling and put about 3 cherries plus syrup on each cupcake. Feel free to add more if you want. Refrigerate for 1 hour to cool. Enjoy!
I found this recipe online and alternated it a little. I usually add 3 cups of sugar to the cream cheese, but that makes it really sweet. The cake mix on the bottom hardens into a buttery crust and ut tastes fantastic!
I hope you all enjoy it!