Category Archives: hobbies
D.I.Y Pink Support Cupcakes
Okay, so I’m doing caramel apples and cherry apples today so that I can start doing pictures with these things soon. I’m also baking some pumpkin bread and I plan on it actually looking like pumpkins. Today is a busy, family day. We’re carving some pumpkins as well.
I just wanted to do this because of my earlier post. Its not so much a recipe today as an idea on how to make your cupcakes.
What You Need
Cake Mix(ingredients for cake mix depends on the kind you want. You can usually find it on the back of the box)
Make Your Own Mix
Red Food Dye
Aluminum Foil Cupcake Cups(optional)
1.Once again, you can make your own cake batter from scratch or you can use a box mix. Make them however you want to. You can make them in the foils or a cupcake pan.
2.After they are cooled, fold red color dye into vanilla frosting. Do it drop by drop until you hit your desired shade of pink. You can also buy the new containers of frosting that are white and plain. They sell packets that you mix in. The bubblegum flavored packet is good for this as well. Its pink 🙂
3.Frost your cupcakes. If you have Maraschino Cherries you can place one, with the stem, in the center of each cupcake.
I love to make apple pie, even if it only lasts an hour lol. This is a pretty simple recipe and it only takes half an hour to make, more or less 🙂
What You’ll Need
10-12 normal sized Apples (I prefer red over green, brand doesn’t matter)
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 stick of butter/margarine
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
1 9in Deep Dish Frozen Pie Crust
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour(optional)
make your own crust and fit it in a 9in aluminum pan and let sit 1Hr
1 Rolled Pie Crust (you can find it in the frozen foods or make a second pie crust)
1. The first thing you need to do is prepare everything. Skin all your apples and slice each into 5-8 slices, throwing away the seeds and stems. Cut your butter into 6ths. Cut 2 of those 6ths in half. Lightly dust your panned pie crust with the flour. I find it helps to keep the crust from getting soggy as it bakes, but its on you. Preheat you oven to 400f. Ready?
2. Place your apple slices, 1 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl and mix it together. The sugar will crystalize and it’ll be sticky. Sticky’s good ;D Pour the apples into your pan. It should be enough for it to spread evenly and still be higher in the middle. Place the 4 whole pieces of butter around the top of the apples and shove the smaller pieces into the mix.
3. Carefully place the second crust over the top, it’ll be soft and easy to rip by accident. Rub the milk over the top of the crust and then sprinkle the remaining sugar on it. Feel free to mold the edges of the crust together however you want to. Next week I’ll do a post and different techniques maybe.
4. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 30mins or until the top is a dark golden color. When ready, let sit on the counter for at least 1Hr before refrigerating. It needs to cool for the very least 2Hrs or it’ll still be hot/warm when you cut into it and the apples will slide around as the syrup isn’t thick enough.
You can make up to 2 pies at once just keep an eye on them and everything will be fine.
Feel free to ask questions if you have any!
This is a family favorite and I know in a few weeks I will be making them like crazy for the holidays.musually, I end up making around 200 of these cupcakes!
Thank God it’s so easy!
makes 24 cupcakes
What You Need
24 cupcake foils (remove paper liners)
1 cookie sheet
A cup measurer
4 8oz packages Cream Cheese, softened
2 & 1/2 cups sugar; 1/2 cup sugar seperate
8oz Sour Cream
1 24oz can Cherry Pie Filling
1 box yellow cake mix
3 medium eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 drops Imitation Vanilla (2 for real)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. In a bowl mix the cake mix and 1/4 cup butter until it becomes crumbly. Add remaining butter as needed. If it is still a little powdery, that’s fine. You don’t want it wet so watch how much butter you add.
2. In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, 2 & 1/2 cups sugar and Vanilla drops. You can mix it in a blender if you want, I do when I’m in a rush. When its looks creamy and pours smoothly, its ready.
3. Place 24 foil cups on the cookie sheet. Spoon about 1 tbsp of cake mix in each cupcake foil, evenly covering the bottom. You will have some cake mix left over and thats fine. After that, fill the foils 3/4 full with your cream cheese. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, blend your sour cream and the last 1/2 cup of sugar together. The sour cream will be grainy but that’s okay. After the 25 minutes, remove the tray and carefully spoon the sour cream over the tops of the chessecakes. Be careful and don’t overfill. Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove and let cool for an hour.
5. Open the can of Cherry filling and put about 3 cherries plus syrup on each cupcake. Feel free to add more if you want. Refrigerate for 1 hour to cool. Enjoy!
I found this recipe online and alternated it a little. I usually add 3 cups of sugar to the cream cheese, but that makes it really sweet. The cake mix on the bottom hardens into a buttery crust and ut tastes fantastic!
I hope you all enjoy it!